Conservation Nature Center/ Stone Park Maintenance Worker
$12.75 - $/hour
SALARY: $12.75/hour (Seasonal)
This position will be split between the Iowa Department of Natural Resources and Woodbury County’s Dorothy Pecaut Nature Center. Each week will be 16 hours (2 days) at Dorothy Pecaut Nature Center and 24 hours (3 days) at Stone State Park. Days at each location may be subject to change dependent on weather or projects at both locations. Some weekend work may be required. General duties include assisting staff with grounds maintenance, natural resource management, and visitor engagement.
- Assist visitors by providing park information
- Checking campsite, cabin, shelter, and lodge reservations
- Grass mowing, trimming, trail repair
- Cleaning restrooms and shower buildings
- Facility maintenance and repair
- Equipment maintenance and operation
- Power tool operation (table saw, miter saw, circular saw, drill, etc.)
- Natural resource management (prairie and oak savanna restoration and invasive species removal)
Essential Knowledge, Experience, and Ability
- Applicants must be 18 years or older with a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to work.
- Ability to operate string trimmer, riding mowers, chainsaws and other applicable equipment
- Ability to routinely lift up to 50 pounds
- Be physically able to work in extreme environmentally rigorous situations (heat, humidity, steep terrain)
- Woodbury County Conservation Board requires employees to pass a physical test, drug test, and background check prior to employment (costs covered by Woodbury County).
A Woodbury County Application and resume are required.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS SHALL BE: 4:30 p.m., Monday, January 30, 2023 or until position filled..
Woodbury County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will consider reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.