Conservation Park Maintenance Worker- (Seasonal- Approx. 120 days)
$12.00 - $/hour
SummaryENTRY SALARY: $12.00/hour (Seasonal-Approx. 120 days)
The seasonal, temporary positions are available at various Woodbury County parks. Positions will typically start mid-May. The positions will be involved with all aspects of park and wildlife area general maintenance, assisting with light construction projects from time to time. This position is under the direct authority of County Conservation Area Resource Manager.
Essential FunctionsEssential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assists with general maintenance of county parks and wildlife areas including grounds maintenance, mowing and trimming, litter pickup, cleaning grills and restroom/shower facilities, painting, tree trimming, weed control and fencing.
- Operates a variety of hand tools, power tools, equipment and vehicles after proper training
- Interacts with park visitors, provides assistance and information
- Provides assistance with a variety of duties within scope of responsibility assigned by County Conservation Area Resource Manager
- Attendance is required.
- Provides assistance with a variety of duties within scope of responsibility assigned by County Conservation Area Resource Manager.
Essential Knowledge, Experience, and Ability
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED.A degree or studying for a degree in a natural resources related field preferred
- Experience with operating tractors, mowers, tools, construction equipment, etc. preferred.
- Candidate for hire must successfully pass a background check , a physical examination, vision, back screen and drug screen prior to employment.