Conservation Park Security Guard
$30.00 - $/hour
SummaryEntry Salary: $30.00 Certified Peace Officers Only
The seasonal position involves routine late night patrol of park areas to provide safety for campers and prevent unauthorized activities after hours on weekends and holidays. This positions includes enforcement of park rules and interaction with public is included. End of May to Labor Day. This position is under the direct authority of County Conservation Area Resource Manager.
Essential FunctionsEssential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Uses park law enforcement vehicle to patrol parks and wildlife areas on weekend nights and holidays to help prevent unauthorized and illegal use of areas and facilities.
- Uses law enforcement radio equipment and defensive tactics as trained and certified.
- Interacts with the public and provides information.
- Assists park visitors as necessary.
- Provide assistance with a variety of duties within the scope of responsibility assigned by County Conservation Area Resource Manager.
- Attendance is required.
Essential Knowledge, Experience, and Ability
Minimum Education and Experience Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Law enforcement experience required.
- Certified law enforcement officer preferred.
- Must possess current valid Driver's License and insurance with good driving record
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of park visitors.
- Ability to follow written or oral instructions.
- Candidate for hire must successfully pass a background check, a physical examination, vision, back screen and drug screen prior to employment.