Conservation Park Security Guard - Seasonal
$30.00 - $/hour
SummaryEntry Salary: $30.00 Certified Peace Officers Only
The seasonal position involves routine late night patrol of park areas to provide safety for campers and prevent unauthorized activities after hours on weekends and holidays. This positions includes enforcement of park rules and interaction with public is included. End of May to Labor Day. This position is under the direct authority of County Conservation Area Resource Manager.
Essential FunctionsEssential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Uses park law enforcement vehicle to patrol parks and wildlife areas on weekend nights and holidays to help prevent unauthorized and illegal use of areas and facilities.
- Uses law enforcement radio equipment and defensive tactics as trained and certified.
- Interacts with the public and provides information.
- Assists park visitors as necessary.
- Provide assistance with a variety of duties within the scope of responsibility assigned by County Conservation Area Resource Manager.
- Attendance is required.
Law enforcement experience required. Certified law enforcement officers only. Must possess current valid driver’s license. Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of park visitors. Minimum 21 years of age. Must pass drug test, physical screening questionnaire and background check after offer of hire.
Mental and Physical Competencies Required to Perform Essential Functions:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the County. Ability to read and understand legal descriptions, policies, and procedures. Able by voice communications to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
Mathematical Skills and Knowledge
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw or interpret graphs. Knowledge of basic math principles. Knowledge of legislative requirements. Knowledge of County procedures.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to set priorities regarding assignments and follow through to completion; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the general public.
Ability to skillfully and safely operate and maintain a wide variety of equipment and tools; chain saws, ladders, heavy equipment, office machines, computer, etc., knowledge of computer skills to effectively operate Microsoft Office software.
Satisfactory driving record and possession of a valid driver’s license.
Ability to successfully complete all pre-employment requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
Law enforcement experience required. Certified law enforcement officers only. Must possess current valid driver’s license. Minimum 21 years of age.
Essential Knowledge, Experience, and Ability
Minimum Education and Experience Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Law enforcement experience required.
- Certified law enforcement officer preferred.
- Must possess current valid Driver's License and insurance with good driving record
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of park visitors.
- Ability to follow written or oral instructions.
- Candidate for hire must successfully pass a background check, a physical examination, vision, back screen and drug screen prior to employment.