Conservation Summer Ranger (Seasonal-Approx. 180 days)
$15.50 - $/hour
ENTRY SALARY: $15.50/hour (Seasonal-Approx. 180 days)
The seasonal, temporary positions are available at various Woodbury County Parks. Positions will typically start mid-May. The positions will be involved with all aspects of park and wildlife area general maintenance, assisting with light construction projects from time to time. This position is under the direct authority of County Conservation Area Resource Manager.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Positions available at various Woodbury County parks for the season.
- Positions typically start in April and end in October (6 months maximum).
- The position includes responsible experience as an assistant to the resident Park Officer.
- The position includes some supervision of park maintenance personnel, a wide variety of park maintenance duties, park rule enforcement and interaction with park visitors
- Assists with general maintenance of county parks and wildlife areas including grounds maintenance, mowing and trimming, litter pickup, cleaning grills and restroom/shower facilities, painting, tree trimming, weed control and fencing
- Provides assistance with a variety of duties within the scope of responsibility assigned by County Conservation Area Resource Manager
- Attendance is required.
Non- Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance with a variety of duties within scope of responsibility assigned by County Conservation Area Resource Manager
Essential Knowledge, Experience, and Ability
- Minimum 18 years of age, previous experience desired
- A degree or studying for a degree in natural resources related field preferred.
- Possession of a current valid driver's license and insurance with good driving record
- Ability to routinely lift 50 pounds
- Perform physical labor in all types of weather conditions and be exposed to dust, fumes and loud noises.
- Experience in operating mowers, tractors, trucks and other motorized equipment, power tools and hand tools
- May be required to obtain an Iowa Pesticide Applicator's license
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to communicate successfully with the public in clearly spoken English
- Candidate for hire must successfully pass a background check, a physical examination, vision, back screen and drug screen prior to employment.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS SHALL BE: 4:30 p.m., Friday, February 17, 2023.Woodbury County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will consider reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.