Siouxland District Health Budget & Financial Specialist F/T
Siouxland District Health
$2,131.00 - $/biweekly
SummaryWoodbury County benefits include: IPERS, Health Ins with $250/Ded; Free Dental, Life & LTD Ins; Sick leave benefits, Vacation, 10 paid Holidays and 2 Personal Days!
ENTRY SALARY: $2,131 bi-weekly (Plus Benefits)
Performs a full variety of administrative functions such as preparing and reviewing standard and special reports; developing improved systems and office procedures, special department projects; developing and maintaining spreadsheets and similar personal computer support activities. Works closely with the Business Manager developing, monitoring and administering office and fiscal procedures, department budget, accounts payable and receivable, payroll and other duties as assigned.
Essential FunctionsEssential Duties:
- Serves as a representative of the supervisor as delegated in contact with other employees, officials and the public; regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment; independently meets the public, giving information requiring knowledge of departmental policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations regarding improved systems and office procedures.
- Attends various committee meetings.
- Composes important correspondence, frequently without instruction or review; interprets administrative decisions and policies.
- Acts as Board Secretary in absence of the Board Secretary.
- Receives, sorts and summarizes material for the preparation of reports, articles and other matters; prepares work reports; relays and interprets administrative decisions, policies and instructions.
- Assists Business Manager in federal, state, and county audits.
- Conducts internal audits of grant billing.
- Processes payroll in absence of the Business Manager.
- Oversees accounts payable and purchasing procedures.
- Allocates, cost share, and codes accounts payable.
- Issues purchase orders.
- Develops administrative and fiscal policy and procedure.
- Provides cost projections, space allocations, and cost reporting.
- Provides technical leadership for support staff in grant financial administration and reporting.
- Monitors expenditures and receivables to ensure compliance with State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Develops specialized tools and systems to meet specific department reporting needs.
- Assist with the quality improvement process within the agency.
- Ensure compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) covering the security and privacy of confidential client data.
- Ensure participant records and communication with participants, co-workers and other health professionals are in accordance with Confidentiality Policy.
- Attend and participate in work-related meetings, conferences/seminars and committees.
- Assist in agency/division planning and response to disaster situations and emergency situations or events in conjunction with agency emergency plan.
- Provide customer service that is courteous and responsive.
- Demonstrate professional oral, phone and written communication skills.
- Model professional behavior to peers and participants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Experience, and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, finance or accounting with two or more years of experience, preferably in local government, or extensive experience in performing professional administrative office work of a progressively responsible and difficult nature which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- CPR Certification required or be willing to attend training.
- Must have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and ability to obtain car insurance at agency-specified liability level.