Siouxland District Health Direct Care Worker F/T
Siouxland District Health
$16.48 - $/hour
SummaryENTRY SALARY: $16.48/hr. (Plus Benefits/IPERS)
Direct Care Workers (DCW) are trained and supervised individuals who provide services, care and emotional support to clients. This includes the provision of personal care and environmental services. Services are intended to promote client health with a safe, stable, sanitary home environment and to prevent the potential for abuse and neglect by others or self. The Personal Care Only/Homemaker (PCO/HM) program strives to support individuals to maintain their independence, promote their health and assure a safe, stable and sanitary home environment.
Essential FunctionsEssential Duties:
• Provide personal care services such as a bed, tub or shower bath.
• Provide oral hygiene, nail and skin care, shampoo hair, shave face/legs;
• Provide safe client transfers and ambulation.
• Normal range of motion and positioning
• Assist client in use of assistive devices, apply TED hose, braces.
• Educate and prompt clients to assist with assigned tasks.
• Plan, shop for and prepare nutritious meals.
• Perform light housekeeping (dusting, vacuuming, mopping floors, cleaning kitchen, cleaning bathrooms) tasks as assigned.
• Wash, dry and fold laundry.
• Communicate with clients, co-workers, manager, and other health professionals to support and maintain continuity of care.
• Enter demographic and program-specific data into designated electronic medical record (EMR) databases or documents.
• Maintain records and documents according to program requirements.
• Complete program specific documentation following agency and program policies and procedures.
• Ensure that client records are kept secure and confidential following agency and program policies and procedures.
• Participate in required staff/program specific educational offerings.
Agency Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with the quality improvement process within the agency.
• Ensure compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) covering the security and privacy of confidential client data.
• Ensure participant records and communication with participants, co-workers and other health professionals are in accordance with Confidentiality Policy.
• Attend and participate in work-related meetings, conferences/seminars and committees.
• Assist in agency/division planning and response to disaster situations and emergency situations or events in conjunction with agency emergency plan.
• Provide customer service that is courteous and responsive.
• Demonstrate professional oral, phone and written communication skills.
• Model professional behavior to peers and participants.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Experience, and Ability
Must possess H.S.Diploma or GED. 75-Hour Certified Nurse Aide course with Course Transcript that shows successful completion of 75-hour Certified Nurse Aide Course. Must be able to communicate and work well with diverse population groups. Knowledge and ability to provide needed in-home care to clients, documenting and reporting in accordance with the regulations and requirements of responsibilities. Physical ability to lift/transport up to 50 pounds.
ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION OTHERWISE THE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE FORWARDED.
A completed County Application form and a Certificate of completion of 75-Hour Certified Nurse Aide Course or Course Transcripts are required.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 4:30 p.m., Monday, June 26, 2023 or until position filled.Woodbury County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will consider reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.