Siouxland District Health Direct Dental Service Planner: F/T
Siouxland District Health
$57,549.00 - $/year
SummaryWoodbury County benefits include: IPERS, Health Ins with $250/Ded; Free Dental, Life & LTD Ins; Sick leave benefits, Vacation, 10 paid Holidays and 2 Personal Days!
Coordination of I-Smile™ Oral Health Program schedule and provision of preventive dental services for target populations. Responsibilities to include scheduling oral health events and clinics with partner organizations, client case management, oral health evaluations and preventive dental treatments, oral health education, and promotion of oral health as an integral part of total health within the community.
- Promotes and maintains health of individuals, families, and the community through provision of I-Smile™ oral health program activities and strategies.
- Coordinates schedule for I-Smile™ oral health program direct service providers.
- Maintaining and establishing relationships with direct service sites.
- Distributing and collecting forms for direct care sites.
- Management of oral health supplies and maintenance of dental equipment.
- Providing preventive oral health services and case management of at-risk clients in the oral health program.
- Prepare appropriate clinical records and ensure accurate data entry.
- Assist in outreach/facilitating Medicaid eligibility determination and enrollment.
- Assist in case finding medically at-risk individuals.
- Assist clients to access specific services as well as services identified in the plan of care.
- Participate in activities that support the planning and development of programs, working with other agencies to improve and/or expand services that relate to the Medicaid Program.
- Assume personal responsibility to keep informed of current changes and trends affecting oral health.
- Assist with community assessment to indicate community/Public Health oral health needs.
- Assists in agency evaluation and future goals and objectives.
Agency Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the quality improvement process within the agency.
- Ensure compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) covering the security and privacy of confidential client data.
- Ensure participant records and communication with participants, co-workers and other health professionals are in accordance with Confidentiality Policy.
- Attend and participate in work-related meetings, conferences/seminars and committees.
- Assist in agency/division planning and response to disaster situations and emergency situations or events in conjunction with agency emergency plan.
- Provide customer service that is courteous and responsive.
- Demonstrate professional oral, phone and written communication skills.
- Model professional behavior to peers and participants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Experience, and Ability
- Current licensure in the State of Iowa for a Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH)
- At least one-year dental hygiene practice experience required
- Maternal/Child Adolescent Health experience preferred
- Must have Mandatory Child and Adult Abuse Reporter Certificate or willing to obtain
- CPR Certification required or be willing to attend training.
- Must have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and ability to obtain car insurance at agency-specified liability levels
ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION OTHERWISE THE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE FORWARDED.
A completed County application, resume, and copy of diploma, GED, or transcripts are required.
Deadline for receipt of applications shall be:
4:30 p.m., Friday January 13, 2023 or until position filled.
Woodbury County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will consider reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.