Siouxland District Health FT Program Aide/Hawk-I
Siouxland District Health
$17.08 - $/hour
SummaryWoodbury County benefits include: IPERS, Health Ins with $250/Ded; Free Dental, Life & LTD Ins; Sick leave benefits, Vacation, 10 paid Holidays and 2 Personal Days!
Responsible to provide health and program specific information to clients seeking assistance and services from Siouxland District Health Department. Will perform designated duties of assigned programs to targeted clients. Duties may include working in multiple public health programs, data collection and entry, monitoring and ordering program supplies, enrolling/registering and screening clients, maintenance of client records and entry of client data in program databases.
- Provide health information to clients on an individual and/or group basis.
- Provide basic information and referrals for clients.
- Schedule client visits and respective services related to specific program guidelines with providers practices.
- Enter program specific data into designated databases or documents.
- Maintain client records and documents according to program requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of records, division statistics and division reports as requested.
- Provide backup support for administrative office area with approval of supervisor.
- Keep office and outside environment tidy.
- Provide and promote a welcoming atmosphere.
Agency Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the quality improvement process within the agency.
- Ensure compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) covering the security and privacy of confidential client data.
- Ensure participant records and communication with participants, co-workers and other health professionals are in accordance with Confidentiality Policy.
- Attend and participate in work-related meetings, conferences/seminars and committees.
- Assist in agency/division planning and response to disaster situations and emergency situations or events in conjunction with agency emergency plan.
- Provide customer service that is courteous and responsive.
- Demonstrate professional oral, phone and written communication skills.
- Model professional behavior to peers and participants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Experience, and Ability
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. Some post-secondary education or training in a health or human service field is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 years of related work in a professional setting. Bilingual is required.
- CPR Certification required or be willing to attend training.
- Must have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and ability to obtain car insurance at agency-specified liability level.
- Physical ability to transport essential supplies and to lift up to 50 pounds.
ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION OTHERWISE THE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE FORWARDED. A completed County Application form, a resume, and a copy of diploma, GED or transcripts are required.
Deadline for receipt of applications shall be:
Thursday, December 29, 2022 or until position filled.Woodbury County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will consider reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.