The Woodbury County Sheriff’s Office offers unpaid internships to college students majoring in course work related to the field of law enforcement including but not limited to criminal justice, police science, and corrections.
- Be enrolled full or part time in an accredited college or university.
- Be enrolled in the college or university’s internship program for the semester/summer they plan to intern.
- Ability to pass a full criminal background check.
- Have a class schedule during the internship semester/summer that allows a minimum of 5 hours per day for 3-5 days per week that may be spent at the Sheriff’s Office.
- Flexibility to be assigned to evenings/nights/weekends.
- Complete the Application for Internship form available at the Woodbury County Sheriff’s Office or on this website.
- Obtain a recommendation letter from your college or university advisor or internship supervisor. This letter should state, at minimum, the following: That you are a student in good standing, you have completed enough coursework in your area of study that an internship will make a positive and educational impact on you and that you will be enrolled in an internship course during the time spent with the Woodbury County Sheriff’s Office.
- Applications should be submitted no less than 30 days prior to the semester you would like to begin the internship. The Woodbury County Sheriff’s Office can accept no more than two interns per semester/summer. Applications will be considered in the order they are received.
- Upon receipt of the application, the Woodbury County Sheriff’s Office administration will review the submission. Applicants being considered will be contacted by a member of the administration for an interview.
- Submit the application, a copy of your driver’s license and a letter of recommendation to:
Woodbury County Sheriff’s
PO Box 3715
Sioux City IA 51101